|Faculty of Engineering Technology|
Faculty of Engineering Technology (FTK) in Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) was established on July 2012. The aim of the Faculty is to conduct academic engineering technology programmes which include foundational theory and emphasis on applications of the theory.
Currently, FTK is offering several academic programmes at degree level. The engineering technology programmes are structured to be more practical biased than the conventional science based engineering degree programme elsewhere. The career prospect of engineering technologist covers a broad spectrum in engineering field from product development, manufacturing, construction, improvement to optimisation of its operational functions.
To implement more practical biased curriculum, students are exposed to practical-based training throughout the 4-year programme with weightage of 60% practical and 40% theory. Practical application will be conducted in the form of laboratory works, workshops and industrial training. In addition, FTK students are nurtured to be dynamic, creative and ethical by instilling soft skills throughout the teaching and learning process. Students will be guided by qualified and experienced academicians that are expert and professional in their respective fields. At the end of the programme, students are expected to be dynamically competent to fulfi the ever growing needs and requirements from both community and industries.
Leadership excellence in generating and applying knowledge of engineering technology for sustainable development.
FTK committed to produce dynamic, creative and ethical graduates who will lead in the application of engineering technology to fulfill industrial and community need based on tauhidic paradigm.
FTK consists of four departments that are:
• Department of Civil Engineering Technology
• Department of Electrical Engineering Technology
• Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Department of Chemical Engineering Technology
Faculty of Engineering Technology offer programmes as follow:
1. Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology (Building Services) with Honours
2. Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology (Environmental) with Honours
3. Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology (Construction) with Honours
4. Bachelor of Industrial Automation Engineering Technology with Honours
5. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Technology (Electrical Power) with Honours
6. Bachelor of Communication and Computer Engineering Technology with Honours
7. Bachelor of Textile Engineering Technology with Honours
8. Bachelor of Packaging Engineering Technology with Honours
9. Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology (Plant) with Honours
10. Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology (Automotive) with Honours
11. Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Technology (Manufacturing) with Honours
12. Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (Biotechnology) with Honours
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia
86400 Parit Raja, Batu Pahat, Johor,
|Last Updated ( Jumaat, 03 Ogos 2012 )|