|Research, Innovation, Commercialization & Consultancy Office|
The Office of Research, Innovation, Commercialisation and Consultancy (ORICC) was established to manage programmes and activities related to research and innovation which serves as the critical factor for the success of this university. In its effort to address the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of a university, ORRIC aims to develop a community of researchers among students and staff and to achieve excellence in commercialisation and management of the university intellectual properties. This office is divided into three divisions which are Centre for Research and Development (R&D), Centre for Innovation, Commercialisation and Consultancy (ICC) and Department of Administration and Finance for ORICC.
Since its establishment, ORICC has implemented initiatives that have encouraged a culture of research and innovation among UTHM community. These initiatives are parallel to its role to ensure continuous efforts in research and innovation for the benefits of mankind. These continuous efforts resulted in the establishment of four centres of excellence which are Research Centre in Soft Soil (RECESS), Centre for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Centre for Microelectronics and Nanotekbologi - Shamsuddin Research Centre (MINT-SRC) and the Centre for Manufacturing and Advanced Materials (AMMC).
• To implement policies related to research, innovation, consultancy and commercialisation
Centre for Research and Development (R & D)
• Coordinating application for research grants
• Providing recommendations to the Research Studies Committee
• Improving university achievements in research
• Improving policies related to the management of research activities
• Organising initiatives that strengthen research at the university
• Undertaking efforts to promote multi-disciplinary research
• Undertaking efforts to increase funding and research collaboration
• Monitoring achievements in research and the activities carried out by the Centres of Excellence (CoE)
• Organising promotional activities to improve research collaboration with various parties.
Centre for Innovation, Commercialisation and Consultancy (ICC)
• Assisting UTHM researchers and innovators to commercialise their ideas and research findings which include obtaining copyrights and licences as well as registering for Intellectual Property for their ideas and research findings.
• Planning, developing, promoting and marketing UTHM research and innovation products as well as establishing spin-off firms and joint ventures
• Obtaining research policies and guidelines for the implementation of UTHM innovation, commercialisation and consultancy activities.
• Prompting professional development and staff expertise through consultancy and assessment
Department of Administration and Finance for ORICC
• Managing the finance for the Office of Research, Innovation, Commercialisation and Consultancy as a whole.
• Managing all funds for research and commercialisation grants including the Research and Innovation Fund.
• Planning and managing the needs for human resources
• Managing and coordinating the preparation of the policies for the department to improve governance system
• Managing, coordinating and preparing reports for stakeholders and interested parties.
• Managing the Research Management System (RMS)
• Managing and coordinating data in iPMO / MyRA / MyMOHES etc.
• Coordinating the meetings for Research Studies Committee and the administration.
• Providing assistance in monitoring matters related to innovation, commercialisation and consultancy.
• Promoting projects towards commercialisation, consultancy and testing to generate profits.
• Enhancing promotional activities related to innovation, commercialisation and consultancy.
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR (RESEARCH)
Prof. Dr. Wahid bin Razzaly
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
Noorulazleen binti Malek
CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R & D)
Dean : Professor Dr. Rosziati binti Ibrahim
Phone : +6074538311
Deputy Dean : Associate Professor Dr Mohd Amri bin Lajis
Phone : +607-4538313
CENTRE FOR INNOVATION, COMMERCIALISATION AND CONSULTANCY (ICC)
Dean : Professor Hj. Ayob bin Hj. Johari
Phone : +6074538315
Deputy Dean : Dr Mohd Najib bin Mohd Salleh
Phone : +607-4538314
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE ORICC
Phone : +6074538307
Address : Office of Research, Innovation, Commercialisation and Consultancy (ORICC)
UTHM 86400 Parit Raja
Batu Pahat, Johor
Phone : 07-453 8393 / 8394/8397/8398
Fax : 07-453 8399
Website : http://ricc.uthm.edu.my/
|Last Updated ( Jumaat, 22 Mac 2013 )|