The Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (FKMP) of Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) was established on May 1st 2004 since the restructuring of the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Technology Engineering. The management of the faculty is lead by a Dean, three Deputy Deans and five heads of department.
To be the leading centre in the application of science and technology in mechanical and manufacturing engineering for universal prosperity
To produce and train responsible, competent, creative and innovative professionals in the field of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, through world-class academic programmes.
FKMP consists of five departments namely,
- Department of Engineering Mechanics
- Department of Plant and Automative Engineering
- Department of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Department of Materials Engineering and Design
- Department of Aeronautical Engineering
- To provide a competitive academic programmes to produce technologists and professionals for national and global needs;
- To be a centre for reference, research and consultation through smart partnership with industries and stakeholders;
- To nurture life long learning as a culture among graduates, staff and the society.
To conduct academic programmes in every academic session as follows;
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering;
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering;
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with Honours;
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering;
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with Technology.
To produce at least 5% engineering graduates with a Cumulative Point Average (CPA) of 3.50 above;
To ensure 20% of lecturers possess PhD qualifications in the current year;
Submit, present and publish 40 publications (original, translations or teaching modules) and articles in journal at international or local conferences annually;
To ensure 90% of academic staffs are involved in research or consultancy activities in the current year.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES IN FKMP
Bachelor Degree Programme with Honours
1. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
2. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with technology
- Bachelors In Mechanical Engineering with Honours
- Bachelors of Acronautical Enginnering Techonogy (Profesional Piloting) with Honours
- Bachelors of Acronautical Enginnering Techonogy (Aircraft Maintenance) with Honours
- Bachelors of Acronautical Enginnering Techonogy (Air Traffic Control) with Honours
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering (By Course Work).
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering (By Research).
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering (By Offshore).
- Doctor of Philosophy in fields of mechanical engineering by research.
Postgraduate programme application is through the Center of Postgraduate Study, UTHM.
The faculty is always aware of current technological developments and will strive to fulfill the requirements of the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and the Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM). The academic programmes offered by FKMP are monitored and advised by external examiners and advisors from local and international institutions of higher learning. All the programmes on offer are approved and recognized by the Public Service Department of Malaysia (JPA).
Department of Engineering Mechanics
Mechanics Machines Laboratory
Solid Mechanics Laboratory
Noise and Vibration Laboratory
Control and Instrumentation Laboratory
Statics and Dynamics Laboratory
Department of Plant and Automotive Engineering
Thermal Environment Laboratory
Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
Air Conditioning Laboratory
Power Generation Laboratory
Department of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineering and Ergonomics Laboratory
Rapid Manufacturing Laboratory
Advanced Machining Laboratory
Computerized Machine Tool Laboratory
Manufacturing Simulation Laboratory
Welding and Fabrication Laboratory
Industrial Automation Laboratory
Department of Materials Engineering and Design
Materials Science Laboratory
Polymer and Ceramic Laboratory
Department of Aeronautical Engineering
Aerodynamic and Propulsion Laboratory
Structure and Avionic Laboratory
Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Centre (AMMC)
Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory
The Faculty is responsible offers academic programmes for bachelors and postgraduate studies in Mechanical Engineering in the relevant fields. In addition, the faculty also conducts research and consultation, in accordance with the requirements of the university and the Ministry of Education (MOE).
Associate Professor Dr. Yusri bin Yusof
Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia
86400 Parit Raja
Batu Pahat, Johor
Tel No : 07-453 7700
Fax No : 07-453 6080
Website : http://fkmp.uthm.edu.my/