The Faculty of Technology Management and Business, University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) was established on June 20th 2001 and started offering academic programmes in 2002. The main aims of the Faculty are:-
- To conduct effective and efficient academic programmes that are relevant to the job market;
- To encourage development and dissemination of knowledge through research and development (R&D), publication, organization of seminars, conferences and so forth;
- To establish smart partnership with the community and industry at the national and international levels.
The academic programmes offered are accredited by Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia, Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and professional institution such as the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents (BOVAEA) for the Real Estate Management programme.
To produce technology managers who are creative, innovative, competent and able to apply, explore and lead in the application of technology.
To become a well-established faculty that leads in technology management.
- To ensure that the learning and teaching process in the relevant fields are carried out effectively and efficiently in order to meet the current and future work force requirements.
- To continuously carry out research and development in technology management.
- To disseminate knowledge through writing and publications in the relevant fields.
- To create smart partnerships with the industries in order to upgrade the quality and expertise in the relevant fields.
- To offer programmes which incorporate seminars, colloquiums, forums and workshops to broaden the knowledge of the learners and enhance life-long learning.
- To develop and train academic and non-academic staff through trainings, courses and workshops.
- PhD. in Technology Management
- PhD. in Facility and Real Estate Management
- MSc. in Technology Management by Research
- MSc. in Facility and Real Estate Management by Research
- Msc. in Construction Technology Management by Course
- Bachelors Degree in Technology Management with Honours
- Bachelors Degree in Technology Management (Production and Operation) with Honours
- Bachelors Degree in Technology Management (Construction Management) with Honours
- Bachelors Degree in Real Estate Management with Honours
TEACHING AND LEARNING FACILITIES
Apart from the lecture halls, lecture rooms, library and other basic facilities provided by the university, the faculty also has laboratories that support teaching and learning. The faculty has 11 laboratories equipped with sophisticated equipment and machines to enhance the understanding of all the theories learnt.
Among the laboratories are computer labs, science management labs, production and operation labs, quality management labs, quantity survey labs and construction graphic studios.
- Assistant executive
- Management consultant
- Management trainee
- Project executive
- Personal executive assistant
- Administration executive
Technology Management (Production and Operation)
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS AND STUDY DURATION
- Assistant Production Manager
- Production Planning executive
- Management trainee
- Production executive
- Maintenance executive
- Assistant operation manager
- Quality management executive
- Occupational safety executive
Land Property Management
-Executive and land property evaluator
-Facility and land management executive
-Land property sales agent
-Land property consultant
-Financial and land property investment consultant
-Land economic planner
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES.
-Full time 3 years @ 6 semesters
-Part time 4 years @ 8 semesters
Bachelors degree with honours from UTHM or any recognized institutions of higher learning or equivalent qualifications and working experience in the relevant fields recognized by the UTHM senate or is currently enrolled in the masters programme at UTHM and approved by the faculty’s graduate studies committee and UTHM senate.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
by research - Full time 1 year @ 2 semesters
Part time 2 years @ 4 semesters
by course - Full time 3 - 7 semesters
Part time 5 - 11 semesters
Bachelors degree with honours from UTHM or any recognized institutions of higher learning or equivalent qualifications and working experience in the relevant fields recognized by the UTHM senate.
BACHELORS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Technology Management- 3 years @ 6 semesters
Production and Operation, Construction and Land Property- 3 ½ years @ 7 semesters.
- Pass SPM with a distinction in Bahasa Malaysia and a pass English Language.
- Pass STPM with at least grade C in general subjects and one of the following subjects: Additional Maths/ Maths T/Maths S Or
- Pass with matriculation certificate in the stream of physic/bio/account with CPA 2.00 with at least grade C in mathematics.
- Possess Diploma from IPTA/polytechnic/equivalent qualification recognized with at least CPA 2.50 in the relevant fields.
- Sat for Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
Associate Professor Sr Dr. David Martin @ Daud Juanil
Faculty of Technology Management and Business
Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia
86400 Parit Raja
Batu Pahat Johor
Tel No : 07-453 3801/3802/3803
No. Fax : 07-453 3833
Website : http://fptp.uthm.edu.my