|Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology|
The establishment history of the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia started off on September 2000 with the establishment of the Department of Information Technology and Multimedia (JTMM), Faculty of Engineering Technology, Kolej Universiti Tun Hussein Onn (KUiTTHO).
In May 2004, JTMM continued to achieve more successful story with the establishment of The Faculty of Information Technology and Multimedia (FTMM) located at the City Campus , Parit Raja, Batu Pahat, Johor.
On the 24th of August 2010, FTMM achieved another milestone when the UTHM Board of Director agreed to rebranding the faculty as the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology.
With the new branding and with four department that has been established (Department of Software Engineering, Department of Multimedia, Department of Computer Networking and Department of Computer Security) we hope to achieve more glory in the future by playing our crucial role in fostering high-tech professionals in various field of Information Technology as well as occupied the needs of local and international industries.
As a whole, FCSIT is a home of academia who are dedicated in excellence teaching and research which spans across the spectrum of Computer Science.
To explore Information Communication Technology (ICT) applications for the development of nation.
To produce creative, innovative, competent and responsible graduates through academic program that is aligned with the mission of the university.OBJECTIVE
1. To produce Computer Science and Information Technology graduates who fulfil the industry needs.
2. To proactively embark in research, publication and consultation activities in Computer Science and Information Technology area.
3. To enhance the ICT knowledge and skills in the society.
4. To provide conducive ICT infrastructure for the purposes of teaching and learning.
1. The faculty ensures at least 65% employability of its graduates within six(6) months after graduation.
2. The faculty actively participates in at least 10 research grants, 30 publications and 2 consultations yearly.
3. The faculty organizes at least two (2) social activities for the purposes of ICT knowledge and skills transfer annually.
4. The faculty ensures the ratio of computers to students to be at least 1:3.PROGRAMMES OFFER
1. Bachelor of Information Technology
2. Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Engineering)
3. Bachelor of Computer Science (Information Security)
4. Bachelor of Computer Science (Web Technology)
5. Bachelor of Computer Science (Multimedia Computing)
Postgraduate Programme :
Mix Mode Programme
1.Master of Computer Science (Soft Computing)
2.Master of Computer Science (Software Engineering)
3.Master of Computer Science (Web Technology)
4.Master of Computer Science (Information Security)
1. Master of Information Technology
2. Doctor of Philosophy in Information Technology
TEACHING AND LEARNING FACILITIES
1. Database Lab
2. Computer Intelligent Lab
3. Graphics and Multimedia Lab
4. Multimedia Studio
5. Software Engineering Lab
6. Programming Lab
7. Software Development Lab
8. Network and Telecommunication Lab
9. Virtual Reality Lab
10. Internet Programming Lab
11. Computer Technology Lab
12. Information Security Lab
13. Digital Forensics Lab
14. Research Lab
15. Web Technology Lab
16. Computer Aided Research Lab
17. Seminar Halls
18. Tutorial RoomsCARRIER PROSPECTS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
and Graphic Technology
Profesor Madya Dr. Nazri Bin Mohd Nawi
Faculty of Computer Science and Information
· Website : http://fsktm.uthm.edu.my/
|Last Updated ( Selasa, 05 Mac 2013 )|