|Centre For Graduate Studies|
Centre For Graduate Studies is responsible in monitoring the implementation of Graduate Studies Programmes in UTHM. The centre, established in 1999, was first set up to train instructors and academic staff for polytechnics throughout Malaysia. Currently, the programmes are not only opened to polytechnic staff but also to those who are interested and fulfilled the admission requirements as stated.
To offer postgraduate programmes towards achieving a high-income nation.
To produce world class scholars through quality post graduate programmes which are based on the latest science and technology development in line with the University’s mission.
1. To offer high quality postgraduate programmes.
2. To provide adequate and conducive facilities and environment for the graduate programme activities.
3. To collaborate with other agencies related to graduate studies.
4. To market the Graduate Studies programmes in order to increase the enrollment of postgraduate students.
5. To provide students with funding from government and private agencies.
6. To strengthen the management and administration of the Graduate Programmes.
QUALITY OF OBJECTIVES
1. To offer graduate academic programmes that meet the standards of the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
2. To ensure activities of graduate programmes are run smoothly through monthly meetings with the faculties.
3. To plan for facilities and basic needs of each research student via collaboration with the relevant parties.
4. To ensure at least 20% of the full time research students receive education funding.
5. To plan and implement Graduate Staff Trainning Programmes for at least twice a year.
6. To conduct the examination sessions (viva) continuously.
7. To take part in promotional activities for at least 4 times a year.
8. To provide each graduate staff and post graduate student with a complete Graduate Studies Guide and Regulations.
Prof. Dr. Ahmad Shakri Mat Seman
Centre For Graduate Studies
No. Tel. : 07-4537906
Fax No : 07-453 6111
Website : http://ps.uthm.edu.my
|Last Updated ( Selasa, 19 Februari 2013 )|